Remember on Friday when I talked about my mom who loves to entertain? Well today I’m following that up with some tips and tricks to help you plan the perfect dinner or cocktail party! Party planning and hosting an event doesn’t have to be that stressful if you stay organized and use a good outlet for all of the necessary supplies. That’s why today I’m teaming up with Zazzle to bring you a party planning checklist, a tasty appetizer that you’ll want to serve AND a giveaway!
If you’re not familiar with Zazzle it’s the perfect place to bring your party vision to life! They offer an array of products from plates and napkins to party invitations with endless ways to customize everything. I had a good idea for the type of feel that I wanted for my wine and cheese party and a vision for what it would look like and found everything that I needed on the website. My vision started when I spotted a fun, yellow Moroccan print table runner and from there found all of the accessories to go with the theme.
But let’s get back to the checklist.
- Make an invitation list: Who do you want to invite? Plan to invite 20% more people that you can fit. Only 70-80% of invitees will typically attend.
- Decide on a theme: Make, buy or borrow and decorations that will fit in with your theme. This is where Zazzle comes in!
- Send invitations: Mail, email, a simple phone call. I prefer creating my own design and mailing out invitations.
- Plan the menu: Assemble the recipes and determine how far in advance each recipe can be made. The Bruschetta Salami appetizer from below can be made in less than 1 hour!
- Come up with a playlist: Music can really set the mood for any party.
- Get your house in order: Less exciting in the process, clean up your house. Your guests will appreciate an tidy party!
- Have fun!
If you’re organized it doesn’t have to be stressful to plan and host a party. Just have fun with it!
So let’s get to the recipe and giveaway. This appetizer is a recreation of one of my favorite appetizers from a local restaurant. I love bruschetta and this goes to another level with a roasted garlic spread and salami. It is sure to delight a crowd! Be sure to bookmark this recipe for your next party and enter to win a $50 shop credit to Zazzle to start planning your own party!
- 1 medium loaf French bread
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 handful fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 head roasted garlic
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 15-20 slices hard salami
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Slice the French bread ½" thick and lay the slices out flat on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- White the bread toasts, combine the tomatoes, basil, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss to coat. Mix together the mayonnaise and roasted garlic.
- Spread each slice of bread with the garlic spread and top with 1 slice of salami. Divide the tomato mixture evenly between the bread slices and top with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
This is a sponsored post from Zazzle. All opinions expressed are my own.