Do you remember being a child and putting olives on your fingers? I remember loving when olives were served at parties. They were the best snack.
Now tell me this…How often do you open a can of olives to snack on? I’m guessing never. Because it’s a strange snack, right? Wrong! Well, opening a can of olives for a snack might be slightly weird. But snacking on olives is definitely not weird.
I was pretty excited when my friends over at Mario came out with Snack Olives. These are a great little salty snack and are also very convenient when you just need a few olives for a recipe. This does get rid of the half-can of olives you typically snack on after making a recipe but thankfully you can just peel open another snack pack to munch on.
So where am I going with this…Oh, right. Olive cooking with olives. (See what I did there?) I’m also a huge fan of tapenade. Are you familiar? A delicious olive spread that’s great with bread or crackers. I’m bringing tapenade to a new level with this delicious White Bean Tapenade. This makes for a great appetizer to serve at your next party.
But first, a giveaway from Mario! Here’s your chance to win a fun little gift basked filled with Mario treats, including their all new Snack Olives.
- 1 15-ounce can Cannellini beans, rinsed
- ½ cup Mario Snack Olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thinly sliced lemon zest
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon (or more) fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 baguette
- Toss all ingredients in a medium bowl and allow to sit for 20 minutes before serving. Note: I used a combination of black, green and kalamata olives.
- Serve the tapenade with sliced bread.
Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit.