This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StirUpTheFun #CollectiveBias
I’m not really sure how it is already the end of January but this year seems like it is flying by! Perhaps it is the fact that I have already taken two trips this month or the fact that so many exciting things have been going on around here lately. At any rate, I’ve been trying to stick to quick and easy meals in the last couple of weeks and my new go-to meal is this Sweet and Sour Meatball recipe that can be made in under 30 minutes!
Asian-inspired dishes are always my favorites for meals during the week when I’m home. They are so quick and easy to make and this recipe featuring Minute® White Rice, Dole® Pineapple Chunks and Kikkoman® Less Sodium Soy Sauce is sure to please your entire family! I love the combination of sweet and sour on the meatballs combined with sweet pineapple and hearty red peppers. Minute® Rice, is a great pantry staple and is the perfect foundation to any meal. With three varieties, including Whole Grain Brown Rice, White Rice and Multi-Grain Medley, there’s an option everyone in your family will enjoy. Adding the Dole Pineapple Chunks means that this dish is rich in Vitamin C and the pineapple chunks are cholesterol free. Using Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce is perfect for those home cooks who are looking to cut down on their sodium levels, without sacrificing flavor.
I like to cut down on time with this recipe by using frozen meatballs. When you’re looking in your grocer’s freezer case make sure to find a meatball that is plain an not an Italian style meatball. I found the Dole Pineapple Chunks, Minute White Rice and Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce at my local Meijer store and many of these ingredients can be found at most grocery stores nationwide.
If you’re currently itching your head, wondering what to make for dinner tonight, I think that you should give this meal a try! This meal includes flavors that your entire family will enjoy and most of the sauce ingredients are probably already in your refrigerator! Enjoy!
- ½ cup loosely packed brown sugar
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2¼ cups pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 pounds frozen meatballs
- 1 tablespoon sriracha hot sauce
- 1 cup Dole Pineapple Chunks
- 2 cups cooked Minute White Rice
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions, for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the brown sugar, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce and 2 cups of the pineapple juice. Bring to a boil.
- Make a slurry by mixing the cornstarch into the remaining ¼ cup pineapple juice, whisking to get out all the lumps. Whisk the slurry into the skillet and add the meatballs. Bring to a simmer and add the sriracha. Cover and cook until the sauce is thickened and the meatballs are heated through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the pineapple chunks.
- Serve over steamed rice, garnished with green onions.