It’s the Monday after Thanksgiving and it can only mean one thing… 12 Days of Christmas has now launched on Food n’ Focus! I’m very excited to bring you another year of exciting holiday recipes and giveaways from some of my favorite sponsors that I have worked with throughout the year. There’s a little twist this year! I’m giving you 11 days of giveaways and on the 12th day, there will be a giveaway featuring all 11 sponsors! It’s going to be big.
So let’s get to the first recipe and giveaway. I am pretty much obsessed with Asian noodle dishes. I love the flavors of soy, ginger and sesame. Especially things cooked with sesame oil. Today’s sponsor is International Collection Oils and I used their Toasted Sesame Oil to craft these ramen noodles. This oil delivers a strong scent and flavor and is the perfect compliment to these noodles.
If you’re really interested in spicy dishes I would suggest adding in either red pepper flakes or Sriracha to your liking. Now that I think of it, I should have done that! You can also take these noodles a step further and create a meal with them by adding vegetables and a protein. That’s one thing that I like about Asian cuisine. The sky is the limit! So before we get to the recipe, how about that giveaway.
- 8 oz ramen noodles
- 2 tablespoons lightly toasted sesame seeds
- ½ cup finely chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chili oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- While the noodles cook, mix together the scallions, ginger, cilantro, sesame oil, chili oil, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and honey. Allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes for the flavors to infuse.
- While the sauce infuses, prepare the noodles according to the package instructions.
- Combine the noodles, sauce and sesame seeds in a medium bowl and toss to coat. Divide the noodles into two equal portions and serve.