Do you remember last week when I mentioned that I was heading off to sunny Miami for the weekend? Well, I certainly made it to Miami for a few days but decided to cut my trip short because Miami was anything but sunny for the days that I had scheduled to be there! Don’t you just hate that? Thankfully it is a new week and it’s my birthday week! To start the celebration I decided to make a delicious Strip Steak with Whisky Cream Sauce for you AND bring you an awesome giveaway from my friends at Strauss Brands!
I really love working with local brands and Strauss is a company that has been serving Wisconsin and beyond for over 80 years. They offer a full range of ethically raised, farm fresh meats and now are offering a monthly delivery service for their delicious beef, pork, lamb and chicken products. Strauss Free Raised Direct offers a wide variety of subscription boxes and á la carte items that make it easy to bring healthy meat options into your home.
They recently sent me their Steak Sampler Box packed with delicious filets, sirloin, strip steaks and so much more. I picked the strip steak and decided to grill it up medium and then serve it with a flavorful whisky cream sauce. Of course I needed a few side dishes so I opted for spring asparagus and roasted new potatoes! The steak was tender and delicious and turned out perfectly on my grill.
My friends over at Strauss are offering up a Steak Sampler Box to one of my lucky readers this week too! You can win this delicious box of steaks worth over $100 by entering the giveaway below. It is grill season, after all, and you’re going to want to try all of these delicious cuts of beef. While you’re waiting to find if you’re the lucky winner, you should plan to make this delicious steak for a Memorial Day feast this coming weekend! Good luck!
- 1 pound strip steak
- 1 medium shallot, sliced thin
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup whisky
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- Season the steak all over with salt and pepper. Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Grill steak to desired doneness, 145 degrees F for medium. Allow steak to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Meanwhile, add the oil to the pan and swirl to coat the bottom. Add in the shallots and cook until translucent. Remove the pan from the heat and carefully add the whisky. Place the pan back over medium-high heat, and use a wooden spoon to scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Cook until the whisky is reduced by about ¾.
- Whisk in the beef broth, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook until the liquid is reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in the cream. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add in the parsley.
- Slice the steak across the grain and divide between plates. Spoon the sauce over top and serve immediately with sides of asparagus and potatoes.