Thanksgiving is right around the corner (next week!!) and if you’re hosting the big meal at your house you’ll want to be sure you have all of the proper tools to make your meal prep go smoothly! If you plan ahead and check your list to make sure you have these items, you’ll avoid running out the night before to grab a new thermometer to test your turkey.
Here are the top 10 tools that I think you’ll need to pull off your best Thanksgiving ever, or your first!
- Roasting Pan – You’ll want a quality roasting pan with non-stick rack to fit your turkey and all of the elements to make it delicious. My favorite is the All-Clad 16″ Roasting Pan.
- Digital Probe Thermometer – Don’t go cheap on this because you won’t want to be guessing where the arrow is hitting and end up with a dry turkey. This one from Taylor isn’t the cheapest but it works like a dream!
- Carving Board – You’ll want one large enough to carve your turkey and one that has a ridge around the outside to catch the juices!
- Professional Carving Set – Nothing is worse than a dull knife for carving. Purchasing a decent knife that is long and narrow for carving will help you get those clean slices of turkey that you desire. Invest in a decent knife and it will last you a lifetime!
- Extra Baking Dishes – You’ll be using a lot of dishes on Thanksgiving to hold your green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, corn and more. Cheap aluminum plans are great for tossing but if you really want to set the mood for your meal you’ll want to go with something a bit nicer. I love my Emily Henry baking dishes because they look beautiful and nothing sticks!
- Containers for Leftovers – My favorite part about hosting Thanksgiving is having all of the leftovers in my house! But I like to share too. You can go with something reusable to send home with your guests or stock up on glass containers for home use.
- Pretty Pie Dish – You put a lot of work into making beautiful pies for the holiday, why not make them in a beautiful pan. Again, Emile Henry makes a beautiful dish in multiple colors and they are great for making an impression!
- Baking Sheets – These are great to have on hand year round for baking, roasting, drying and more. You can never have enough!
- French-style Rolling Pin – The tapered edge of this style of rolling pin allow for greater control and precision as you roll out crusts for those perfect pies I mentioned above. This is a must-have in my house!
- Wine Opener – It’s not mealtime in my house unless wine is involved! With everyone sharing a delicious meal the wine should certainly be flowing with ease. Grab a high quality wine opener to avoid broken corks and crumbs in your glasses of wine.