I think that one of my secret guilty pleasures is an old fashioned peanut butter and jelly sandwich. There’s just something about this delicacy that brings me back to my childhood. It’s sweet. It’s salty. It’s delicious.
So today I’m giving this classic sandwich a little bit of a face lift. But instead of peanut butter I’m using almond butter. And instead of just a typical sandwich I’m going to French it up by making it into French toast. And instead of dipping it into milk and egg, I’m dipping it into Almond Breeze Cashewmilk.
Have I totally lost you?
I’m all about swapping out traditional dairy when I can. I typically use regular almondmilk but Almond Breeze just blew my mind with their new Cashewmilk that I knew I had to use that instead. It’s sweet and creamy and has only 60 calories in a serving. Delicious.
This recipe is perfect for breakfast, lunch or brunch. Or dinner. Or just a snack. It’s fulfilling and when you smear just a bit of jelly on top it tastes amazing. Try it out this weekend!
- ⅔ cup Almond Breeze Original Cashewmilk Blend
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 8 slices white whole-wheat sandwich bread
- ½ cup raspberry preserves
- 6 tablespoons creamy almond butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (optional)
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium shallow dish, stirring well with a whisk. Place bread slices on a flat surface. Spread 2 tablespoons preserves over each of 4 bread slices, and spread 1½ tablespoons almond butter over each of the remaining 4 bread slices. Assemble sandwiches. Carefully dip 2 sandwiches in milk mixture, turning to coat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1½ teaspoons canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Place coated sandwiches in pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until toasted. Remove sandwiches from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining oil, 2 sandwiches, and milk mixture. Sprinkle powdered sugar evenly over sandwiches; cut each sandwich in half diagonally.
This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk. Enter for a chance to win the Ultimate Kitchen Prize Pack, get great savings and ideas for delicious Blendabilities at AlmondBreezeBlendabilities.com.