I really should have dubbed this ‘breakfast week’ because I seem to be talking a lot about some new breakfast ideas! One of the trends that I’ve been seeing all over Pinterest is the concept of a smoothie bowl. Which is really just like a super thick smoothie that you eat with a spoon. The nice thing about it is that you can top off your smoothie bowl with extra fruit and nuts to really ramp up your breakfast!
So today I thought I would try my hand at a smoothie bowl using Almond Breeze Almondmilk Coconutmilk as the base. I love that it gives the smoothie bowl a rich and creamy texture without adding a lot of extra calories. Plus the fact that it’s flavored with vanilla gives it an added bonus in the taste department.
You’ll want to make sure that your fruit is frozen and your Almondmilk is chilled. I topped my smoothie bowl with extra fresh bananas, blueberries and of course, almonds. You can mix in other berries to your liking, coconut flakes or chia seeds. Enjoy!
- ½ cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Coconutmilk Unsweetened Vanilla
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 banana, frozen
- ½ cup blueberries, frozen
- Blueberries, banana and almonds to top
- Combine the Almondmilk, yogurt, banana and blueberries in a blender and pulse until mixed completely. You can serve immediately or place in the freezer for 30-60 minutes to set.
- Top the bowl with your favorite ingredients and enjoy!
This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk. All opinions expressed are my own.