Holy smokes, I can’t believe that it’s July already! Where is this year going? I’ve been super busy outside of my kitchen for the past week or so working on landscaping my backyard. We had our yard dug up last week and a patio was put in so that we could start working on our backyard oasis. Unfortunately that means a lot of moving of dirt around the yard. I’ll just say that I have never done so much landscaping work in all of my life. And there’s still so much more to do! Of course I had to take some time out this past weekend to celebrate the holiday and made these delicious Barbecue Turkey Burgers featuring tasty turkey burger patties from Jennie-O.
I love that how Jennie-O offers seasoned turkey burger patties. It makes life so much more convenient. My only job after taking them out of the refrigerator is to grill them to perfection dress them up all fancy! Jennie-O actually has a great tutorial over on their website that talks about How to Grill a Turkey Burger.
I love that these burgers are lower in fat and calories and offer a huge punch of flavor. The combination of zesty barbecue sauce, spicy pepper jack cheese and pickled red onions is the perfect combination of flavors to make your taste buds dance. You can pick up a package of Lean Seasoned Turkey Burger patties for dinner tonight with this money saving coupon. Stop back and let me know what you think of these delicious burgers!
- 4 Jennie-O Lean Seasoned Turkey Burger Patties
- 4 pretzel rolls
- ½ cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 sliced jalapeno pepper
- ½ cup barbecue sauce, plus extra for serving
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- Begin by preparing the pickled onions. Whisk together apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt and 1 cup water in a small bowl until sugar and salt dissolve. Place onion and jalapeno in a jar; pour vinegar mixture over. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour. Cover and chill. Drain onions before using.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Using a paper towel, brush the grill grate with olive oil and place the burgers onto the grill. Cook for 3-4 minutes before flipping. Brush the cooked surface with barbecue sauce. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes before flipping again. Brush the top of the burger with additional barbecue sauce. Place 1 slice of cheese on each of the burger patties.
- Remove the burgers from the grill and place on the pretzel rolls. Garnish with pickled onions and additional barbecue sauce if desired. Serve immediately.
This is a sponsored post from Jennie-O. All opinions expressed are my own.