I’m not a huge fan of bananas but I’m a BIG fan of banana cream pie! I’ve had a lot of failures trying to make this pie in the past so I was pretty excited when I found this recipe and it turned out pretty much perfect and amazing. I love using my stand mixer to whip up fresh and delicious whipped cream to top off this perfect pie.
So today, in addition to this tasty pie, I’m bringing you a lovely little giveaway from Hamilton Beach. In honor of Mother’s Day coming up, I thought all of the mothers out there could use a couple of new kitchen appliances. I’m a little old school when it comes to mixing. I like to use a hand mixer. On the other hand, whipping cream can be a daunting task and I prefer to bring out my stand mixer. It is really nice to have both of these appliances in my cabinet so that no matter what the task, I have a weapon!
Whether you’re a mother or you have a mother than you adore, I’m thinking that winning both of these is a great gift to give this Mother’s Day. I’m giving ONE lucky Food n’ Focus reader the chance to win the 6 Speed Stand Mixer AND the SoftScrape Hand Mixer from Hamilton Beach!
- For the Graham Cracker Crust
- 12 whole graham crackers
- 6 Tb. melted butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- For the Pie Filling
- 2 cup heavy cream, whipped and divided
- 3 Tb. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 - 3.4 oz. box instant banana cream pudding
- 1 cup cold Vitamin D milk
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 4-5 ripe bananas
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the graham crackers in the food processor. Pulse until the crackers are chopped to fine crumbs. Add the melted butter, sugar, and salt and pulse to combine. If the crumbs are moist and pinch together well, dump into a pie pan.
- Press the graham cracker mixture firmly against the bottom and sides of the pie pan. Then bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream with the 3 tablespoons of sugar and vanilla. Scoop into a separate bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl, mix the instant pudding and milk until well combined and set aside.
- Then using the mixer, beat the cream cheese until fluffy, then with the mixer still running, add the sweetened condensed milk and pudding. scrape the bowl and beat until smooth. Using a spatula, fold in half the whipped cream.
- Now spread a thin layer of the filling over the bottom and sides of the cooled pie crust. Cut 3-4 bananas into chunks. Press the chunks to the bottom and sides of the pie crust. Then scoop the remaining filling into the pan crust. Smooth the filling, top with the remaining whipped cream, cover gently with plastic wrap, and chill for at least one hour.