And we’re back! For anyone that thought the giveaways were ending last week, I’m back today with another delicious giveaway! I’m a huge flavored coffee fan and I’m sure some people out there are thinking, ‘Well what’s the point in drinking coffee then?’ I love to add a little bit of variety into my mornings and use BAILEYS® Coffee Creamer often to spice up my day!
I’ve never really used coffee creamer in a recipe before that wasn’t a drink so I thought I’d try my hand at spicing up a traditional creme brulee with one of BAILEYS® Coffee Creamer many flavors. (They literally have nearly 20 flavors!) I opted for something traditional and tried out their Chocolatini. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds in coffee and in creme brulee!
This was my first time making creme brulee and what I learned is that this dessert can be a little bit tricky. On my first try I overcooked the custard and it turned lumpy and runny. The second time around I cooked it just right so that it was just slightly jiggly in the center when I removed them from the oven. Be cautious!
So who is ready for a giveaway?!
- 1 cup Chocolatini BAILEYS® Coffee Creamer
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- Place BAILEYS® Coffee Creamer, cream, granulated sugar and salt in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Beat egg yolks in medium bowl; gradually whisk cream mixture into egg yolks. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into five 6-ounce custard cups. Place cups in 13 x 9-inch baking pan; fill pan with hot water to 1-inch depth. Loosely cover with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour, 10 minutes or until gently set in center. Remove to wire rack to cool slightly. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat broiler. Sprinkle each crème brûlée evenly with brown sugar. Broil for 2 minutes or until sugar is melted and caramelized. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until topping hardens.