Well hello Friday! Isn’t it amazing how a little bit of sunshine and warm weather just puts you in a better mood? I’ve been feeling so much more joyful over the past couple of weeks as the weather turns to spring.
Speaking of joy, I’m really excited to introduce an awesome concept to you that just launched here in Milwaukee. Door to Door Organics is an awesome new organic grocery delivery service that allows you to shop online and have your groceries come directly to your front door. The service launched just a couple of weeks ago and I’ve been really excited to receive 3 boxes already. The best part is that the delivery is free!
One of my favorite parts of this service is that you can order a full delivery of product each week and it’s always a surprise of what seasonal food is going to arrive. You can choose between fruits, vegetables or a mix of both and they offer a variety of different size boxes to fit your family’s needs. I’ve been receiving the Bitty Mixed Box and it’s been the perfect size for me and my fiance. I love that it gets us to include more fruits and vegetables into our diets and I’ll be honest, the organic produce tastes so much better than the regular produce I usually buy at the grocery store.
In addition to the produce boxes you can receive, they also offer a wide variety of meats, dairy, bakery and pantry products that are for the most part locally sourced. It’s great to feel like I’m eating healthier, locally grown foods.
Alright, now that I’ve done all of this bragging I hate to say that this is only available in the Milwaukee area and a handful of other cities for the time being. You can check to see if they deliver to your home by using their helpful delivery tool.
The good news is that I’m offering a giveaway today that includes a $50 shop credit to try out Door to Door Organics. You must live in the Milwaukee, Chicago, Cleveland, Colorado, Kansas City, or Michigan areas to be considered to win. I’m also offering up a $10 off coupon for anyone that would like to try out the service. If you don’t win this week I’ll have 2 additional opportunities coming up in the next few weeks to win additional shop credits.
And so, for anyone not in the delivery area of Door to Door Organics, I do have some tasty gluten-free cookies that you can try! These are probably the first gluten-free cookies that I’ve actually liked and they feature a handful of products that I received in my delivery earlier this week. While I’m not gluten-free I know a lot of people that are and Door to Door Organics features a lot of great GF products. These cookies were made with a Gluten-Free oat flour and some tasty eggs that I received!
So let’s get to the giveaway and the cookies! Please keep in mind that this giveaway is open only to residents in the Milwaukee, Chicago, Cleveland, Colorado, Kansas City, or Michigan areas to be considered to win. If you want to find out if they deliver to your area, please use their helpful delivery tool. Good luck!
Door to Door Organics
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1¾ cup sucanat (natural unrefined cane sugar)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons natural cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1¼ cup bittersweet chocolate chips or chunks
- Walnuts (optional)
- Mix butter and sugar on medium speed in standing mixer for about 3 minutes. Scrap down sides of bowl with spatula. Add eggs, and mix on low for 30 seconds, just until incorporated. Add the cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and mix on low for 30 seconds more. Scrap down sides of bowl again. Add oat flour and rolled oats, and mix on low for 1 minute until fully incorporated. Add chocolate chips, and mix for 30 seconds more.
- Roll cookie dough into golf ball size balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 F for 14-16 minutes or until tops are puffed and slightly cracked. Let cookies cool, and enjoy!