I know what you’re thinking, it’s Sunday. I don’t typically post on a Sunday, however, I have way too many exciting things coming up that I needed an extra day of your attention! So before I begin, I just wanted to point out a few things:
- You can now order an official Food n’ Focus 2014 calendar! These calendars make a great gift item or are perfect for yourself. The calendar is filled with 12 beautiful (and tasty) photos! Supplies are limited so be sure to order your calendar today.
- Next up: I have giveaways coming this week! TWO giveaways to be exact. Get excited.
- Speaking of giveaways, there are only 4 days left to enter my organicgirl giveaway. This is your chance to win free organic greens for an entire year! Why wait?
- Finally: I have MORE giveaways coming next week! The annual Food n’ Focus 12 Days of Christmas is launching on Monday, December 2nd and it’s going to be big this year.
Alright, now that I got all of that out of the way, here’s some pie. This is just a basic recipe for anyone that was assigned pumpkin pie this holiday. It’s quick and easy, so there is no need to rush out and buy one that was already baked. Enjoy!
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) Evaporated Milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Libby’s Pumpkin.