If there is one dessert in life that I could not live without it would be tiramisu. I love it so much that we will be having it at my wedding instead of a traditional cake. While in Italy I had some of the best tiramisu but it seemed to be slightly less firm than they serve here in the US. I once made a Giada recipe for tiramisu that turned out the same way, which I thought was a mistake, but I dubbed it tirami-soup. Little did I know that Giada had the recipe right!
In addition to tiramisu I could probably eat brownies for every meal of the day. Rich, fudgy brownies. Okay, I’m making myself hungry.
So when Hamilton Beach contacted me about their new 2-Way FlexBrew Coffee Maker and creating a recipe using it, I knew just what to make. Tiramisu. And Brownies. Together at last.
Let me talk about this fancy little machine for just a second. I have been wanting a single-serve coffee maker for quite a while because let’s face it, I’m one person and how often am I drinking an entire pot of coffee. Not to mention you can buy all of those cool flavored coffee pods, which I love. The upside to their 2-Way FlexBrew is that you can get the best of both worlds with a standard pot AND the single-serve for when you’re all by your lonesome. It’s perfect for brewing one-cup when I’m on-the-go to work or the entire pot for the weekend when I have more time to sit and sip on multiple cups.
So here’s what I did…I purchased espresso k-cups for these tiramisu brownies and then brewed a pot of coffee for my fiance and I when we decided to sit down and enjoy the brownies. From one machine. Mind. Blown.
Okay, enough talk. Let’s get to the brownies and a giveaway! Hamilton Beach was nice enough to offer up one of these fancy brewing machines to one lucky reader! Good luck!
Hamilton Beach FlexBrew
- 12 oz dark chocolate chips
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1-1/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 4 whole large eggs
- 8 large egg whites, divided
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso grounds
- 8 oz Mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 package soft ladyfingers (about 24)
- 1 cup espresso or Italian Roasted Coffee, brewed
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- In a large bowl, melt the chocolate chips. Stir until smooth, then set aside to cool. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour (or spray with non-stick spray) a 13" x 9" baking pan and set aside.
- Add the melted chocolate to a mixing bowl, fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat in the butter, followed by 1 cup of sugar, then the 4 whole eggs and 4 egg whites, mixing until completely incorporated. Add the cake flour, followed by the instant espresso grounds. Mix on low speed until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, minus 1 cup of brownie batter.
- Place the ladyfingers upside down on top of the batter, pushing down slightly on each one. Combine the brewed coffee with the rum. Using a pastry brush, carefully brush the coffee & rum mixture over the ladyfingers until they are saturated.
- In another bowl, combine the mascarpone cheese, cream cheese, ¼ cup of sugar, 4 egg whites and the vanilla extract. Carefully spread topping over ladyfingers. Then, place spoonfuls of the reserved brownie batter on top of the creamy filling and swirl it lightly with a toothpick or knife.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until center is almost set and brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool completely in the pan before slicing any servings.
This post is sponsored by Hamilton Beach. All opinions expressed are my own.