You can tell me it’s National Fill in the Blank Day and I’d say ‘Count me in!’ because I’m all about the celebration. (Within reason, of course.) That’s right, today is National Margarita Day, so I’m grabbing my maracas and shouting from the rooftops in celebration. Oh, and I’m whipping up something good: Blackberry Thyme Margaritas
I was supposed to be departing on Sunday for Barbados for a week of relaxation and cocktails but due to some unforeseen complications that had to be postponed. So you can understand my excitement at the thought of turning an ordinary, cold winter day into a celebration that makes me feel like I’m on warm beach somewhere in the middle of the Caribbean. Is anyone else with me on the this imaginary trip?!
I love that these margaritas incorporate fresh fruit and a hint of herbs to make them sweet and savory. They are fun to garnish and even more fun to sip on during your celebration. So grab a friend, mix up a batch or two and join the celebration of National Margarita Day with me today!
- 16 large fresh blackberries, divided
- 4 small fresh thyme sprigs, divided
- 6 tablespoons 100% blue agave silver tequila
- ¼ cup Simple Syrup
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Cointreau or other orange liqueur
- 2 cups ice cubes, divided
- ¼ cup chilled sparkling wine
- Place 14 blackberries and 2 thyme sprigs in medium bowl. Press firmly on solids with muddler or back of wooden spoon until mashed.
- Mix in tequila, Simple Syrup, lime juice, and Cointreau, then 1 cup ice. Stir to blend well.
- Strain into large glass measuring cup. Mix in sparkling wine. Divide remaining ice between 2 tall glasses. Pour Margarita mixture over.
- Garnish each with 1 blackberry and 1 thyme sprig and enjoy!