I have a very strict ‘no pumpkin’ policy until October 1st rolls around. It seems like every year Starbucks offers their famous drink earlier and earlier and I’m just not having it anymore. Pumpkin signifies that summer is over and I’m unwilling to let it go until October hits. So today I’m celebrating with some tasty Pumpkin Spice Muffins and a little giveaway.
I feel the same way about Christmas celebrations too. No Christmas-anything until after Thanksgiving. I don’t discriminate here!
I’m teaming up with my friends at Krusteaz today to bring you the easiest Pumpkin Spice Muffin recipe that you’ll ever need and honestly, nobody needs to know that it came from a box. And technically 50% of the muffin will be homemade so you should get credit for that. But if you’re looking for a quick recipe to bring to work or a book club then you can easily impress a crowd by making these muffins.
Krusteaz makes an entire line of pumpkin mixes including these muffins, quick bread, cookies and bars. One lucky winner is going to get 6 boxes of their tasty mixes and some other fun goodies to celebrate fall! Enter below for your chance to get in on the fun.
In the mean time, here’s the recipe for my Pumpkin Spice Muffins. You can use the store locator on the Krusteaz website to find the mix in your area.
- 1 package Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice Muffin mix, prepared according to package instructions
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper cups. Prepare the muffin mix according to the package instructions.
- To make the crumble topping combine the flour, sugars, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice mix in a small bowl. Drizzle the butter over the mix and use a fork to combine until small crumbles form.
- Fill the muffin cups ⅔ full with the muffin batter and top each with a spoonful of crumble topping.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely before serving and storing.