Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ReadyPasta #CollectiveBias
Even though the weather has not completely warmed up here in Wisconsin, I have been pretending that it’s summer and getting as much time outdoors on my patio as I can. I’ve been wrapped up in a landscaping project in my backyard and have been finding myself with limited time to cook. Which is pretty normal to begin with! My new go-to recipe during the week is this 15-Minute Caprese Pasta that is quick and easy to make, and is also perfect for your Meatless Monday dinners.
Pasta can be a really quick meal to begin with, but I recently stumbled upon Barilla Ready Pasta at my local Walmart and it totally up’d my pasta game! I love that each package serves 2, and it warms in only 60 seconds. I like to consider myself a pasta connoisseur and I find that this pasta serves up the same quality as regular Barilla pasta. I love that you don’t have to precook the pasta, taking around 15-minutes off of the total prep time.
You can double-up this recipe if you’re feeding your family, otherwise it makes the perfect date-night meal for two! Serve this with a side salad and some bread and you have a complete meal. With tomatoes coming into season you should be able to find fresh and flavorful cherry tomatoes to enhance the overall flavor of the dish.
If you’re looking for a quick meal for two for dinner, are trying to adhere to a Meatless Monday schedule, or just want an overall delicious meal for your family, grab a package of Barilla Ready Pasta and craft a delicious meal tonight!
- 1 package Barilla Ready Pasta Rotini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- ¼ cup Barilla Pesto Sauce
- Parmiggiano Reggiano, for serving
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add in the tomatoes and garlic and saute until the tomatoes start to burst.
- Add in the Barilla Ready Pasta Rotini saute for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the mozzarella cheese and cook for an additional minute before removing from the heat.
- Divide the pasta between 2 bowls. Top with fresh basil, pesto and Parmiggiano Reggiano to serve.