I heard that there was a big, important football game coming up this weekend. Did anyone else hear about it?
All kidding aside, we all know that THE game of the year is coming up this weekend and one of my favorite things to do around this time is throw a party to celebrate. Or just throw parties in general. Either way, I’ve got some great tips and easy recipes for you to use as you prepare for our own party this weekend!
Getting ready for your guests to come over and enjoy a party can be a little stressful. I find that preparing some of the snacks ahead of time can cut down on the day-of stress and getting your husband to help you clean up the house can be helpful. That is, if you can get your husband to help with cleaning. Here are some of my other tips:
- Choose snacks and food that is easy to prepare ahead of time so that you’re not running around the kitchen the day of the game getting food prepared. Here are a few ideas:
- Get your house in order leading up to the event. That means right now you should already be getting your house in order, cleaning up things that won’t get messy before Sunday comes. Seriously, go get your house in order!
- I’m all about cutting down on waste but when it comes to having people over, less mess is better. Use paper plates, cups and plastic cutlery to help cut down on the mess after your guests leave. Try to find recyclable plates, cups and cutlery to cut down on your carbon footprint. And prepare the night before by setting out everything including any serving dishes you may need for the party.
- Ask for help. This is where your husband or children come into play. They can help straighten up the last minute things around the house, pour chips into bowls and keep younger siblings occupied so that you can get things accomplished.
- If you are preparing food the day-of for your guests, might I recommend DIGIORNO® Rising Crust Pizza? With dough that rises to crust perfection, toppings you can’t get enough of and a mouthwatering aroma you’ll crave, DIGIORNO® pizza comes out of your oven ready to serve in about 20 minutes. DIGIORNO® helps you get the most out of game day. Intentionally crafted by the bakery experts at DIGIORNO, each pizza bakes up hot and fresh in your own oven so you can enjoy the moments that matter with the people who matter.
There’s no reason to be stressed when it comes to a fun event such as your Big Game party. Relax. Ask for some help. And prepare what you can ahead of time so that you’re not a hot mess right as your guests arrive.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.