This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CreateCozyComfort #CollectiveBias
Every December practically everyone that lives in Wisconsin talks about how the winter really isn’t that bad….yet. And every winter I have to remind my friends and family that the worst of the weather comes in January and February. And here we are, in February and it’s cold and there are piles of snow on the ground. It’s these cold days and nights that have me craving tasty comfort foods like this Creamy Paprika Chicken Stroganoff.
It’s no secret that the Midwest is known for comfort foods like chicken noodle soup, pot pie, chili and this creamy paprika chicken stroganoff. Because of this, one of the staples in my pantry during the winter months are Creamette® Extra Wide Egg Noodles. These noodles are the perfect addition to all of our soups and comfort dishes because they soak up all of the flavors of those hearty dishes we love during the chilly winter months.
Interested in trying out Creamette Extra Wide Egg Noodles? Hover over the photo to click through for purchasing at Walmart.
The good news is that this recipe is super simple to prepare and takes very few ingredients. Also, Creamette Extra Wide Egg Noodles can easily be found at your local Walmart. Click here to earn on Ibotta at Walmart! This is the perfect recipe to bring your family together for a hearty meal and good conversation. Grab the recipe below for Creamy Paprika Chicken Stroganoff and make sure to visit the social hub to enter the sweepstakes*.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced (about ½ cup)
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1¾ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ sour cream
- 1 package (12 ounces) Creamette Extra Wide Egg Noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- Fresh, chopped parsley for garnish
- In a medium bowl, toss the cubed chicken with the paprika, salt and pepper. Sprinkle the flour on top of the chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat the olive oil in a large 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add the chicken in a single layer and cook until golden brown on each side, tossing occasionally, about 5 minutes. The chicken does not need to be cooked all the way through. Place the chicken onto a plate and set aside.
- Add another teaspoon of oil to the pan, if needed, and stir in the onions and mushrooms. Saute the mixture, stirring occasionally and scraping up the browned bits from the chicken, until the onion is translucent and the onions and mushrooms are browned, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute, until fragrant.
- Pour in about ¼ cup of the chicken broth and deglaze the pan by scraping up any bits from the bottom. Stir in the tomato paste, whisking to combine. Add the rest of the chicken broth and the bay leaf, stirring well.
- Add the chicken back into the skillet and simmer the mixture over medium-low to medium heat, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce thickens slightly, about 5-6 minutes. Stir in the sour cream and cook for about 2-3 minutes longer. If you would like the sauce to be a bit thicker, make a cornstarch slurry by mixing 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 1-2 tablespoons cold water. Add the cornstarch slurry to the simmering mixture in the skillet, whisking quickly to combine. Let the mixture simmer for 2-3 minutes until thickened. Serve over hot noodles and garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
* NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Riviana Cozy Comfort Dishes Sweepstakes begins 2/12/20 and ends 4/11/20. Legal resident of US. At least 18. Operated by Inmar Brand Solutions Inc. Official Rules at http://bit.ly/