Show of hands, how many of you brown bag your lunch every day? Today’s post is in honor of those that brown-bag it each day and is an encouragement to others to try it out for a week and see how you like it. There are a lot of benefits of bringing your own lunch to work versus going out to eat every day. Let’s name a few:
- It’s Healthier: You will most likely eat less calories by bringing your own lunch than you would going out for lunch.
- It’s Cost Effective: You’ll save on money by packing a lunch and will also save on gas.
- It Saves Time: You’ll avoid wasting time in the car, waiting in line, waiting for food, etc.
I like to pack a lunch to bring to work most days and then treat myself by eating out every couple of weeks. It really saves on my pocketbook and my waistline! These Little Italy Chicken Pitas are filling, low in calories and high in flavor. You can pair them with a bunch of grapes or other fruit to complete the meal.
Be sure to read to the bottom of the post for today’s giveaway! Today I’m teaming up with Thirty-One to offer you a thermal lunch tote and also Roundy’s for another $25 gift card! You don’t want to miss out! (Giveaway is now closed!)
Recipe: Now onto the pitas. Start by mixing together the first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Stir in the chicken, basil, tomatoes and cheese. You can store the chicken until you’re ready for lunch each day or divide the chicken mixture evenly amongst the pitas and serve. There is only 342 calories in each pita!
The Giveaway (Giveaway is now closed!) – Here’s your chance to win this super cute Thirty-One thermal tote AND a $25 Roundy’s Gift card!
Mandatory entry: In the comments below, tell me what your favorite thing is to pack for lunch each day.
Additional Entries: (be sure to leave a separate comment for each entry to count)
- Follow Food n’ Focus on Twitter
- Post the following to Twitter, ‘I want to #win a @ThirtyOne thermal tote from @FoodnFocus and so can you! http://wp.me/p2Fk52-vV’
- ‘Like’ Food n’ Focus on Facebook
- Post this giveaway to Facebook
- Follow Food n’ Focus on Pinterest
The contest is open to US residents only and will end on Sunday, September 23 at 11:59 PM CST. The winner will be chosen by using a random number generator and I will announce the winner in this post. They will be notified via email. If winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen. Good luck!
Congrats to Senja for winning the Roundy’s gift card and Thirty-One lunch tote!