This post is sponsored by Peapod. All opinions expressed are my own.
Have you jumped on the Air Fryer bandwagon yet? I’ve tried two versions of these hot new appliance and love how you can make crispy, crunchy food without having to deep fry anything! I was recently sent the The Skinnytaste Air Fryer Cookbook from Gina Homolka at Skinnytaste and am totally obsessed with her delicious recipes including the one for Cornflake-Crusted “Fried” Chicken with Romaine Slaw.
To celebrate the launch of Gina’s new book she has also launched a collaboration with Peapod, the grocery delivery service, bringing healthy meal-delivery kits right to your home! Have you ever tried Peapod? This was my first time using the service and it was really nice to fill my cart online and have the groceries delivered right to my door when I chose for it to arrive. I would definitely use the service again! Everything for this recipe that is also featured in the book came pre-measured and pre-chopped saving me so much time while preparing the meal. Peapod also offers a ton of other meal kits for gourmet meals right in your own home.
Even if you don’t haven air fryer you can make this recipe in your conventional oven at home. The chicken was quick and easy to prepare and cook in the air fryer and I loved the flavor combination of the spices and crispy cornflake crust. The slaw was a nice compliment to the salad and you can even add extras like carrots or tomatoes to the slaw if you wish. If you currently use Peapod or if you want to give it a try, you can easily order the entire meal kit and take away the stress of dinner tonight!
I hope that you’ll enjoy this recipe as much as I did! Before we get to the recipe I wanted to point out that Gina’s new book, The Skinnytaste Air Fryer Cookbook is on sale now AND you can check back here later this week for a chance to win your own Air Fryer!
- 8 Bone-In Chicken Drumsticks, Skin Removed
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Crumb Coating
- 1⅔ Cups crushed Cornflakes
- Olive Oil Spray
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- Romaine Slaw
- 5 Cups Shredded Romaine Lettuce
- ¼ Cup Slivered Red Onion
- 1½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ Cup Vinaigrette Dressing
- Season the chicken with salt. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs with one teaspoon water, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder. Set aside. Place cornflakes in a separate bowl, drizzle with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, stir with a fork and then add the rest of the crumb coating ingredients. Mix well to combine.
- Working with one at a time, dip each drumstick in the egg mix, then in the crumbs, pressing to coat completely. Transfer to a plate and drizzle with oil on all sides. Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees per your air fryer’s instructions.
- Working in batches, arrange a single layer of the chicken in the air fryer basket and cook for about 28 minutes, flipping halfway, until the chicken is cooked through and the coating is golden.
- In a large bowl combine the lettuce and onion. Stir together the remaining ingredients to create the dressing. Toss well and serve with the chicken.
- Conventional Oven Cooking Method: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place coated chicken on a sheet pan. Cook for 40-45 minutes, flipping halfway.