I know what you’re probably thinking….It’s the holiday season, is she ever going to do giveaways again?! YES! I’m super excited to be teaming up with some fun brands this holiday season and bringing you FIVE fun giveaways before Christmas. I’m starting today with something that I recently discovered and totally fell in love with; SPICES. I honestly have one of the most stocked spice cabinets you will ever find because I love trying new flavor combinations and always have a tendency to grab new spices at the store before I even know what I’m going to do with them. Piquant Post is a monthly subscription box that sends you freshly ground, small-batch spice blends with delicious recipes each month. My first box was filled with Lebanese spices and recipes and I made the Roasted Squash with Farro Fattoush that I’m sharing today.
What I love most about this monthly box is that you get small amounts of spices to try with coordinating recipes so that you don’t have an entire jar of the spice sitting around, waiting to expire. (That tends to happen to me a lot.) If you order a full year up front the cost is only $10 per month for delicious spices and exciting recipes to try. The recipe cards are colorful and easy to follow.
Piquant Post is a great way to try new recipes each month and get out of the rut of eating the same things over and over. It really is a great option for adventurous eaters as well as curious cooks. You can also find all of their recipes online to try other things! The Roasted Squash with Farro Fattoush had some familiar and unfamiliar flavors for me but I love that it gave me a new idea for using Za’atar. This spice combines thyme, cumin, coriander, sesame seeds, sumac and Aleppo pepper. It’s so flavorful in this dish!
GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED!
Piquant Post Giveaway Details
So here’s the giveaway: Piquant Post is giving one luck reader a 6 month subscription to their spice boxes! You’ll get 6 boxes with tasty spices and new recipes to try throughout 2020!
- To enter the blog giveaway: pick any blog post (besides this one) and leave a comment on that post. It could be leaving a comment on a recipe post telling me you’ve made that recipe or want to make it in the future, or it could be on a travel post telling me you’ve visited that place or want to visit…you get the idea!
- Then come back to this post and leave a comment telling me you’ve commented on another post, and voila, that’s it, you’ll be entered!
- Bonus Entry #1: Head over to Instagram and follow my profile AND comment on today’s post. Then come back here and comment on this post telling me you have done both.
- Bonus Entry #2: Head over to Instagram and follow Piquant Post and then come back here and comment on this post telling me you did so!
- Bonus Entry #3: Share this giveaway on your Facebook page then come back here and leave a link to your post.
- US entrants only, winners will be chosen 12/11/19 and notified via email the next day!
So let’s get to the recipe!
- Zaatar Roasted Squash:
- 2 lbs of pre-cut butternut squash (or 1 large butternut, cut into cubes, seeds removed)
- 1 tbsp Piquant Post Zaatar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste (optional)
- Fattoush (Salad):
- 1 cup cooked farro (or barley, quinoa, or couscous)
- ½ lb or arugula or mixed greens
- 4-5 red radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ English cucumber (~4-5 inches), thinly sliced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of fresh mint leaves, picked from stem
- ½ cup of flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ a lemon, juiced (~1-2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp of white wine vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp of plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Piquant Post Zaatar
- Preheat oven to 400 deg. Place squash cubes in a large mixing bowl and toss with olive oil, Zaatar spice, and salt & pepper. Line a sheet pan with foil or parchment and place on the sheet and in oven. Roast for ~25 mins or until a fork can pierce.
- When the squash goes into the oven, cook the farro according to the package. Cover and when done, set aside to cool.
- Prep all salad ingredients. In a large salad bowl, combine the salad ingredients including cooled farro.
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing ingredients and briefly whisk into a dressing. Add to the large salad bowl and toss all ingredients to coat. Serve on large plates along with hummus and pita and lemon wedges for garnish.