So I’ve been busy preparing for my vacation coming up in ONE WEEK. Seriously, I cannot believe that it is nearly here and yet there is so much to get done before I leave for two weeks. Yes, TWO whole weeks of vacation. I can’t figure out if I’m more excited for our quick night in NYC or our time in Italy. I can be excited for both, right? Yep, I think I can.
Since starting this blog over a year ago my prop closet has grown and grown. I find dishes and cloths all over the place and have to reorganizing to make it all fit. Also included in my prop closet are things like the little popcorn boxes used in today’s post. I found them a while back and just haven’t gotten around to using them until today. Sometimes it’s my props that inspire new dishes and I like the creativity that it brings out.
This isn’t your ordinary popcorn. This is a savory popcorn that is just as addicting as a butter and salt combo. Fresh thyme, Parmesan cheese, flaked sea salt. All of these flavors come together to create the perfect salty snack. I would suggest using a larger flaked sea salt and fresh thyme to maximize the flavors. This can be stored for up to a week in an airtight container.
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons flake sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Remove the saucepan from the heat and mix in the thyme and salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place the popcorn into a large bowl. Drizzle the butter over the top of the popcorn and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the popcorn and continue to toss to coat. Season with additional salt, pepper and thyme as desired.