I cannot believe that we are already on day #4 of our 12 Days of Christmas giveaways! Have you been following along? You definitely want to be sure that you entered for your chance to win big from HelloFresh, Hamilton Beach and Bob’s Red Mill. Today’s post and recipe comes from my friends over at Melissa’s. They feature an awesome line of produce, gifts and wine. Today’s gift is a collection of their culinary books, perfect for any foodie! Today’s recipe for Pimento Cheese Biscuits came right out of one of the books in the collection!
I know that we live in a digital age of the internet and Pinterest but I’ll be honest with you, I still like to page through a good magazine or cookbook. Maybe it’s the photographer in me but I really enjoy paging through beautiful photos of food and I love that cookbooks are organized by meal or food type. Plus they look nice on my bookshelf. Today’s recipe came out of The Great Pepper Cookbook which is part of this collection. Maybe I’m a little naive but I never knew what a pimento was until I read this book. Pimentos are actually those cute little red cherry peppers that are tucked inside of green olives.
This recipe is perfect for your holiday appetizer spread and I love the combination of the freshly baked biscuits with the pimento cheese. You can also just whip up the cheese and serve it alongside of crackers. Either way this cheese is absolutely addicting! If you can’t find fresh red cherry peppers in your grocery store you can substitute them for 1/4 cup of jarred pimentos. If you’re in a bind that might be the quickest way to prepare the cheese. Pop everything into your food processor and you’re all set!
My friends over at Melissa’s are offering up their collection of culinary books to one of my lucky readers today! These books provide some awesome information on produce and some great recipes. Good luck!
- 1 cab refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 fresh cherry bell chile peppers, stems and seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 large shallot, finely diced
- Bake biscuits according to package instructions and cool to room temperature.
- Place cheeses and next 5 ingredients (through shallot) in a food processor or blender; pulse to combine.
- Cut biscuits in half. Top biscuit bottoms evenly with cheese mixture. Garnish with additional diced pimentos and parsley sprigs if desired. Top with biscuit tops and serve.