Ever since I have returned home from Europe I have been wanting an air fryer. While abroad I would find endless ideas online and ‘pin’ them for my return. When I got back I rushed out and got my own air fryer and then my friends at Hamilton Beach sent me their fancy Air Fryer Countertop Toaster Oven and my obsession was taken to a new level! This thing cooks crispy fries in minutes and is perfect for making Air Fryer Crab Wontons to entertain your holiday guests! PLUS I’m offering up this awesome little appliance to one lucky reader in today’s giveaway!
Crab Wontons are probably one of my favorite side dishes to get when I order Chinese food. They also make an amazing appetizer and are actually pretty simple to prepare. Fresh crab can easily be found at your local grocery store and you simply mix it with cream cheese, green onions and a splash of soy sauce. These are best served with a side of sweet chili sauce!
What I love about this style of air fryer is that it also can be used as a convection oven, toaster, a way to bake and to broil. The metal basket included is perfect for air frying as it allows air to circulate around the food. You can replace your toasted over with this baby and get so much more from it!
I actually pulled this recipe from the Skinnytaste Air Fryer Cookbook, which by the way, is amazing. If you have an air fryer or plan to get one I’d pick up her book. Because it’s the holiday season I swapped out the less-fat cream cheese for regular cream cheese. You’re welcome. You can easily prepare these ahead of your party and pop them in right before your guests arrive. I do like that this recipe is loaded with more crab and less cream cheese!
GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED!
Before we get to the recipe, let’s talk about the giveaway! Hamilton Beach is giving one of my lucky readers their Air Fryer Countertop Toaster Oven! Here’s how to enter:
- To enter the blog giveaway: Leave a comment on this post telling me 1) if you own an air fryer or not and 2) what’s the first thing you’d make in this air fryer if you win.
- Bonus Entry #1: Head over to Instagram and follow my profile AND comment on today’s post. Then come back here and comment on this post telling me you have done both.
- Bonus Entry #2: Head over to Instagram and follow Hamilton Beach and then come back here and comment on this post telling me you did so!
- Bonus Entry #3: Share this giveaway on your Facebook page then come back here and leave a link to your post.
- US entrants only, winners will be chosen 12/20/19 and notified via email the next day!
And now for the recipe!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2½ ounces lump crabmeat, picked over for shells
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 15 wonton wrappers
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- Thai sweet chili sauce for dipping
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, crab, scallions garlic and soy sauce and mix well to combine.
- Place a single wonton wrapper on a flat surface and spoon 1 level tablespoon of the mixture onto the center of the wrapper. Dip your fingers into a small dish of cool water and run your finger around all of the edges of the wrapper. Take one corner and fold it to the opposite corner to form a triangle. Gently press out any air and seal the edges, making sure not to lose any filling. Brush one side of the wonton with egg white and then repeat with the remaining wrappers.
- Preheat the air fryer to 340 degrees F. Preheat to 300 degrees F if you're using a toaster style air fryer.
- Working in batches, arrange a single layer of the wontons in the air fryer basket. Cook for about 8 minutes, flipping halfway through. Once crispy and golden, remove from the air fryer and repeat with the remaining wontons. Serve hot with the Thai sweet chili sauce.