It’s Monday, which can only mean one thing…Tomorrow I leave for vacation! It seems like it has taken forever to arrive but tomorrow I jet off to NYC and then on Wednesday I will be flying to Rome. Can you just imagine my excitement? So while I do have some things in store for you over the next 2 weeks while I am away, posting will be light. You can keep up with me on Facebook as I will be posting some delicious food photos and sights from where I’m at each day.
Alright, I’ll stop rubbing it in. This past weekend I was tasked with crafting some cupcakes for a lovely mom-to-be. Her request: white cake, white frosting. You got it! I loved the idea of white on white with subtle hints of baby blue.
I’m not going to lie…I used a box cake mix for these. (GASP!) You never argue with what a pregnant woman wants! I did find it necessary to whip up some fresh buttercream to go with the cupcakes. How can you go wrong with butter, sugar and butter? This simple frosting is the perfect accompaniment to any cupcake. Add in fresh vanilla beans make it extra delicious.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2-3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Whip the butter and 3 cups of powdered sugar together on low in the bowl of your stand mixer.
- Add in the vanilla and milk and increase speed to medium. Continue to whip. If the frosting is too dry, add in 1 additional tablespoon of milk. If it is too runny, add in 1 additional cup of powdered sugar, ¼ cup at a time.