Wow, is it seriously Christmas week already?! I can’t believe how quickly this month and year have just flown by. I’m putting the finishing touches on my Christmas shopping and grocery list to prepare for the festivities.
Christmas day is pretty low key for me but I will be sitting down with my future in-laws for a tasty dinner. I thought perhaps a chocolate/peppermint dessert would be the perfect finish to this dinner so I came up with these individual brownie sundaes featuring Pompeian Olive Oil. It’s not too often that I make homemade brownies, let alone brownies with olive oil. But in all honesty, they turned out amazing. Moist, dense, delicious.
Pompeian offers up some really great oil and vinegar products that are perfect for cooking and baking. Their olive oil is a staple in my house. We also have plenty to go around.
So enjoy these tasty sundaes and to enter today’s giveaway, tell me in the comments below about your favorite way to use olive oil in your kitchen. The winner will receive a Pompeian gift basket!
- 1 bag (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Pompeian Classic Pure Olive Oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Crushed candy cane pieces
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 1 cup of the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute, stirring halfway through, or until melted. Stir together melted chocolate and Pompeian Classic Pure Olive Oil until smooth. Whisk in sugar, eggs, vanilla and peppermint. Stir in flour and salt until smooth. Divide the mixture evenly between 4 5 ounce ramekins.
- Bake brownies at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup chocolate chips over brownies and return to oven for 2 minutes. Remove from oven and spread melted chips until smooth. Allow the brownies to cool slightly before serving with a scoop of ice cream and sprinkle of candy canes.