Well happy Friday! Can you believe that October is nearly over? I remember early on this year thinking that I was looking forward to my wedding but didn’t want it to come too quick because summer would be over. And here we are.
I’m so excited to be teaming up again with OXO and Cookies for Kids Cancer to bring you this post today! This initiative was founded by two OXO employees who were inspired by their son’s battle with pediatric cancer. This is something that claims the lives of more children than any other disease.
I’m posting today to support this cause. You can support this cause by purchasing one of their special products that includes the Cookies for Kids’ Cancer sticker and OXO will donate 25 cents to the cause and cure. Pretty simple, hey?
I used the OXO Nonstick Cake Pan and Brownie Spatula to make these tasty Pumpkin Cream Cheese Brownies today! And you’re probably thinking, who needs a special brownie spatula? You do. This thing is the perfect size to cut and serve your tasty little treats without scratching the pan! Enjoy!
- Packaged Brownie Mix, regular sizze
- 6 Ounce Softened Cream Cheese
- ½ Cup Pure Pumpkin (not pumpkin filling)
- ⅓ Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- Preheat your oven & make your brownie recipe according to their directions.
- In a second bowl blend your cream cheese & pumpkin until smooth. Then blend in the sugar, vanilla, egg, cinnamon, nutmeg, & flour.
- In an oil sprayed glass pan (pan size according to your brownie recipe description) pour a little over ¾ths of the brownie batter & spread evenly.
- Then add a smooth layer of the pumpkin cream cheese mixture on top of the brownie batter.
- Drop little spoonfuls of the rest of the brownie mix on top of the pumpkin cream cheese layer & drag a butter knife or toothpick through the batter to create pretty swirl designs.
- Bake your Pumpkin Cream Cheese Brownies according to the brownie directions or until the brownie has set or a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool & enjoy!
Cookies for Kids’ Cancer is a recognized 501c(3) public charity duly incorporated under the laws of the state of New Jersey. Your donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law. 100% of proceeds raised by Cookies for Kids’ Cancer fund pediatric cancer research. OXO will be donating $100 to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer for each blog post dedicated to this campaign in October (up to our $100,000 commitment*.)
*In 2015, OXO will donate up to $100,000 to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer through product proceeds, bake sale matches and other fundraising efforts