Things have been a bit hectic around here lately as I plan for my first trip of 2018. If you follow on Instagram or Facebook you’ve seen me make a few mentions of my upcoming trip to Tokyo! This has been a destination on my list for quite some time and next week I will finally have the opportunity to visit. I’ve been busy planning and preparing for the long voyage (12 hours!!) across the ocean for a week filled with fun and adventure. I can’t wait to share all of the details when I return and tons of photos! Make sure you’re following me on Instagram and Facebook so that can get a glimpse of my travels while I’m in Japan. In the mean time, I’m continuing to work on delicious recipes that feature new and exciting ingredients like today’s Greek Spaghetti Squash Bowl.
Since I had learned to bake a spaghetti squash I needed to find something to do with it so I decided to put it all into a bowl and toss it with delicious ingredients. I’m a huge fan of anything Mediterranean so I thought I would go with a delicious meat-free option for dinner. If you already have the spaghetti squash baked then this meal will come together in minutes for a quick dinner option. You’ll get a healthy dose of protein from the chickpeas and I love the salty finish of the feta cheese.
You can easily double or triple this recipe to reheat for lunches during the week. I would advise sprinkling on the feta cheese after you reheat the meal. You can also jazz it up even more by adding kalamata olives or cucumber. Overall this is a great vegetarian and low-carb option for any meal.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ⅓ cup unsalted chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1½ cupsBaked Spaghetti Squash
- Handful of microgreens
- Dash of salt
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high. Add onion and garlic; sauté 4 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, thyme, and tomatoes; cook 1 minute.
- Add spaghetti squash and salt; toss gently to combine. Cook 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with microgreens and cheese and serve.