Show of hands, who is happy that it’s Friday?
Okay, hands down.
Show of hands again, who is excited that they stopped by today because I’ve got a really great giveaway?
Okay, you can put your hands down now. I’m so excited to be teaming up again with organicgirl this month to bring you some delicious recipes using their greens and another giveaway of free greens for a year! They have been so great to work with and I’ve been getting my fill of their delicious varieties of greens.
With my engagement photos coming up and my wedding later this year I’ve been all about salads! Salads can be really healthy and nutritious and in my opinion, they must start with a really great base of greens. I’m traditionally a big fan of spring mix or spinach but I like to mix it up with crunchy romaine hearts from time to time.
I wanted to create a salad that really is like eating summer in a bowl. Starting with the crunchy romaine, I topped it off with some fresh berries, toasted pecans and salty feta and then pulled all of these flavors together with a tangy strawberry poppy seed dressing. You guys, this dressing is to die for. You’re going to be obsessed.
So go ahead and put this recipe on your list of summer favorites because it’s going to be your go-to salad all summer long. In the mean time, enter below for your chance to win free greens for an entire year from organicgirl! This is another two-part giveaway so make sure that you come back on April 29th for the second part to be eligible to win. Good luck!
organicgirl Romaine Hearts Giveaway
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- 8 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup toasted pecans
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon diced red onion
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup strawberries, chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoons poppyseeds
- In a large bowl toss together or layer chopped lettuce, strawberries, blueberries, bacon, pecans and red onion.
- In a food processor or blender, add all dressing ingredients and pulse 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Pour dressing over salad and top with crumbled feta cheese.