When I posted my Thanksgiving Roundup last week I had no idea that I would have time to make any Thanksgiving recipes! Thankfully I have had some time since getting back from my work trip last week to craft up some delicious recipes for you, including this recipe for Candied Sweet Potatoes. Traditionally my family serves mashed sweet potatoes topped with marshmallows but I thought I would change things up this year. These sweet potatoes are still sweet and delicious but are topped with some delicious pecans!
I met Nicole, owner of Lala’s Nuts, at the Kohler Food & Wine Experience last month. Nicole launched her line of nutty confections with her grandmother’s blessing and now sells her delicious sweetened and spiced nuts in over 15 states! Today Nicole is allowing me to offer my readers the opportunity to taste her delicious creations through a sweet giveaway on Food n’ Focus! You’ll have the chance to try her Sugar n’ Spice Pecans & Walnuts and her Bodacious Bourbon Pecans & Walnuts. I can’t decide which flavor I like the most but today’s recipe included the Bodacious Bourbon Pecans.
So before we get to the delicious sweet potatoes, how about the giveaway!
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1½ cup butter
- 1½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Lala's Nuts Bodacious Bourbon Pecans, divided
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the cubed sweet potatoes in a large pot of water and boil for 10-15 minutes. You should be able to pierce the potatoes easily with a fork. Drain.
- While the potatoes are cooking, melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add in the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ¼ chopped Bodacious Bourbon Pecans and salt.
- Combine the potatoes with the butter mixture and toss to coat. Place the potatoes in a buttered 13 x 9 pan and bake covered for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cover from the potatoes and sprinkle the remaining nuts on top. Bake for an additional 10 minutes and serve.